To avoid rabies, you shouldn’t handle bats or other wildlife, especially if they appear ill. Recently, nine children in Louisville, Ky. were treated for rabies after a bat tested positive for the disease. The children were carrying the bat in a box and playing with it.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Human health risks from canine flu?
- Rabies exposure...the good and bad
- Maybe I should buy a hat
- The "criticall important antibiotic" debate
- Turtles and Salmonella...no surprise there
- HIV and pets
- The big gun antibiotic controversy
- The Trouble With Gloves
- Projectile penguin poop
- Rub-a-dub-dub...dog and toddler in a tub??