According to a report from Canada’s CBC News, scientists have isolated the live H5N1 virus from respiratory specimens taken from a woman who died from H5N1 infection. The woman, who was from Alberta and had recently traveled to China, was the first H5N1 infection and death in North America.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Cat hoarding and rabies
- 2013 US rabies recap
- Animal Ebola guidance documents, hot off the press
- Lyme disease & ticks: New infosheet
- IMED Conference Report – October 31st-November 3rd, 2014, Vienna, Austria
- Another dog importation mess
- Leptospirosis in dogs...risks and costs
- Spanish statement about euthanized Ebola virus-exposed dog
- Dog imports into the United States
- Fake service animals in action