In this week’s One Health roundup: Avian influenza dominated the One Health headlines this week, with human fatalities from H5N1 being reported in Egypt and China. Meanwhile, H5N1 is spreading quickly through Nigeria, and the first U.S. case of H5N1 was reported in a duck in Washington state, although the strain is genetically different from the strain that’s circulating in Egypt and China. It does not appear to have infected any people or domestic poultry.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Out of bounds, out of luck
- Communication done right: EVH-1 in Minnesota
- Mad Cow in Alberta
- Equine outbreaks...EHV-1, glanders
- Avian flu in a dog: Korea
- Groundhog zoonoses?
- Echinococcus multilocularis...small tapeworm, big problem
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents