According to a report from Canada’s CBC News, scientists have isolated the live H5N1 virus from respiratory specimens taken from a woman who died from H5N1 infection. The woman, who was from Alberta and had recently traveled to China, was the first H5N1 infection and death in North America.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Strangles in the news
- Raccoons in the bed
- Things not to do with reptiles
- Animal Health Laboratory Zoonotic Diseases Report
- Rat bite fever...who's to blame?
- Rabies in dog(s?) in Texas
- Sochi puppy adoptions
- Cat bite infections (and dumb headlines)
- "Angels' eyes"...and this is a good idea because...?
- More on classroom reptiles