Last Friday, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine professor Dr. Ralph Brinster was at the White House to receive the National Medal of Science from President Obama (Dr. Brinster receives his award around the 9:30 mark of this White House video). Dr. Brinster is the first veterinarian to receive the award. He was honored for his trailblazing work in transgenesis — where researchers produce animals with selected traits that serve as indispensable models in understanding life processes and disease.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Equine herpesvirus 1 at Aqueduct
- The other Dirofilaria
- Another preventable rabies death
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pyoderma in dogs
- Dumb internet advice
- Brucella canis in Calgary dogs....more evidence of hazards of dog importation
- Animal shelter rabies questions
- Rabies exposure leads to mass euthanasia at Texas animal shelter
- EHV-1 in the news
- H5N8 bird flu in a dog