Last Friday, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine professor Dr. Ralph Brinster was at the White House to receive the National Medal of Science from President Obama (Dr. Brinster receives his award around the 9:30 mark of this White House video). Dr. Brinster is the first veterinarian to receive the award. He was honored for his trailblazing work in transgenesis — where researchers produce animals with selected traits that serve as indispensable models in understanding life processes and disease.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Cat hoarding and rabies
- 2013 US rabies recap
- Animal Ebola guidance documents, hot off the press
- Lyme disease & ticks: New infosheet
- IMED Conference Report – October 31st-November 3rd, 2014, Vienna, Austria
- Another dog importation mess
- Leptospirosis in dogs...risks and costs
- Spanish statement about euthanized Ebola virus-exposed dog
- Dog imports into the United States
- Fake service animals in action