Last Friday, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine professor Dr. Ralph Brinster was at the White House to receive the National Medal of Science from President Obama (Dr. Brinster receives his award around the 9:30 mark of this White House video). Dr. Brinster is the first veterinarian to receive the award. He was honored for his trailblazing work in transgenesis — where researchers produce animals with selected traits that serve as indispensable models in understanding life processes and disease.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Human health risks from canine flu?
- Rabies exposure...the good and bad
- Maybe I should buy a hat
- The "criticall important antibiotic" debate
- Turtles and Salmonella...no surprise there
- HIV and pets
- The big gun antibiotic controversy
- The Trouble With Gloves
- Projectile penguin poop
- Rub-a-dub-dub...dog and toddler in a tub??