In the past week, news surfaced that feral pigs in North Carolina have tested positive for Brucella suis, a bacteria that can be transmitted from feral pigs to humans, and from feral pigs to domestic pigs. About 9 percent of pigs in Johnson County and less than 1 percent of pigs tested at 13 other sites tested positive.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Beware the mongoose
- Cat scratch disease info sheet
- Don't always blame the dog
- Chicken diapers...even I couldn't make this one up
- Methicillin-resistant staph in animals meeting
- Equine herpesvirus in Ontario
- H3N2 dog flu, and cats and ferrets
- Hot spot...again
- Working in Nicaragua – Ehrlichia in a canine patient
- New UTI test for dogs and cats...(and a great real estate deal)