Food supply veterinarians provide preventive care, test and vaccinate animals like cattle, pigs, sheep and poultry. In addition, they serve as a resource for animal owners on various issues like breeding, feeding, humane care/animal welfare and housing. Food supply veterinarians work to improve the well-being of farm animals and the economic success of their owners.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Strangles in the news
- Raccoons in the bed
- Things not to do with reptiles
- Animal Health Laboratory Zoonotic Diseases Report
- Rat bite fever...who's to blame?
- Rabies in dog(s?) in Texas
- Sochi puppy adoptions
- Cat bite infections (and dumb headlines)
- "Angels' eyes"...and this is a good idea because...?
- More on classroom reptiles