An outbreak of cryptosporidiosis has been linked to a petting zoo in Minnesota, according to the Republican Eagle newspaper in Red Wing, Minn. Two people contracted the disease, which causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, and vomiting, among other symptoms. More than a dozen other people also fell ill after attending a one-day petting zoo held by the Humane Society of Goodhue County.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- From the archives...Why should I vaccinate Fluffy, he's an indoor cat? (aka Why I'm glad I vaccinated Finnegan, my indoor cat)
- The Twelve Days of Zoonoses
- Human health risks from canine flu?
- Rabies exposure...the good and bad
- Maybe I should buy a hat
- The "criticall important antibiotic" debate
- Turtles and Salmonella...no surprise there
- HIV and pets
- The big gun antibiotic controversy
- The Trouble With Gloves