An outbreak of cryptosporidiosis has been linked to a petting zoo in Minnesota, according to the Republican Eagle newspaper in Red Wing, Minn. Two people contracted the disease, which causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, and vomiting, among other symptoms. More than a dozen other people also fell ill after attending a one-day petting zoo held by the Humane Society of Goodhue County.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Cry me a river...crackdown on Angels' Eyes
- How to fix an iPad
- Casual cat causality
- Vet clinic infections...who should pay?
- EEE alert, Ontario
- FDA releases 2011 antimicrobial resistance data
- Exotic animals in hospitals
- Monkey bites and rabies quarantine
- St. Louis encephalitis in a horse
- Rare infection, not-so-rare bug