An outbreak of cryptosporidiosis has been linked to a petting zoo in Minnesota, according to the Republican Eagle newspaper in Red Wing, Minn. Two people contracted the disease, which causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, and vomiting, among other symptoms. More than a dozen other people also fell ill after attending a one-day petting zoo held by the Humane Society of Goodhue County.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Equine herpesvirus 1 at Aqueduct
- The other Dirofilaria
- Another preventable rabies death
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pyoderma in dogs
- Dumb internet advice
- Brucella canis in Calgary dogs....more evidence of hazards of dog importation
- Animal shelter rabies questions
- Rabies exposure leads to mass euthanasia at Texas animal shelter
- EHV-1 in the news
- H5N8 bird flu in a dog