An outbreak of cryptosporidiosis has been linked to a petting zoo in Minnesota, according to the Republican Eagle newspaper in Red Wing, Minn. Two people contracted the disease, which causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, and vomiting, among other symptoms. More than a dozen other people also fell ill after attending a one-day petting zoo held by the Humane Society of Goodhue County.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Are we too clean?
- EEE in Ontario 2014
- Rabies exposure in a shelter, again
- Rabid dog fostered from a shelter
- OAHN Podcast on Rabies for Ontario Veterinarians
- Reptile-associated salmonellosis in Minnesota
- US dog importation and rabies vaccination
- Merlin had "Ebola" today
- Canadian human antimicrobial use report, 2012/2013
- Cat hoarding and rabies