An outbreak of cryptosporidiosis has been linked to a petting zoo in Minnesota, according to the Republican Eagle newspaper in Red Wing, Minn. Two people contracted the disease, which causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, and vomiting, among other symptoms. More than a dozen other people also fell ill after attending a one-day petting zoo held by the Humane Society of Goodhue County.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Beware the mongoose
- Cat scratch disease info sheet
- Don't always blame the dog
- Chicken diapers...even I couldn't make this one up
- Methicillin-resistant staph in animals meeting
- Equine herpesvirus in Ontario
- H3N2 dog flu, and cats and ferrets
- Hot spot...again
- Working in Nicaragua – Ehrlichia in a canine patient
- New UTI test for dogs and cats...(and a great real estate deal)