In this week’s One Health roundup: Federal health officials say the U.S. is headed toward its worst West Nile outbreak since the virus first appeared here in 1999; variant H3N2 influenza, which has been spreading from pigs to people at agricultural fairs this summer, has been identified in several more states; new worries about drug-resistant staph passing from humans to chimps–and back to humans in a more virulent form; and much more.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Human health risks from canine flu?
- Rabies exposure...the good and bad
- Maybe I should buy a hat
- The "criticall important antibiotic" debate
- Turtles and Salmonella...no surprise there
- HIV and pets
- The big gun antibiotic controversy
- The Trouble With Gloves
- Projectile penguin poop
- Rub-a-dub-dub...dog and toddler in a tub??