In this week’s One Health roundup: Federal health officials say the U.S. is headed toward its worst West Nile outbreak since the virus first appeared here in 1999; variant H3N2 influenza, which has been spreading from pigs to people at agricultural fairs this summer, has been identified in several more states; new worries about drug-resistant staph passing from humans to chimps–and back to humans in a more virulent form; and much more.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Echinococcus multilocularis....small tapeworm, big problem
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents
- Deworming wild and feral animals
- Human rabies incubation record
- PetSmart employee worried about rabies after rat bite
- Imported and local Leishmania, Finland
- Hazardous guinea pigs?
- Are we too clean?