In this week’s One Health roundup: Federal health officials say the U.S. is headed toward its worst West Nile outbreak since the virus first appeared here in 1999; variant H3N2 influenza, which has been spreading from pigs to people at agricultural fairs this summer, has been identified in several more states; new worries about drug-resistant staph passing from humans to chimps–and back to humans in a more virulent form; and much more.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Out of bounds, out of luck
- Communication done right: EVH-1 in Minnesota
- Mad Cow in Alberta
- Equine outbreaks...EHV-1, glanders
- Avian flu in a dog: Korea
- Groundhog zoonoses?
- Echinococcus multilocularis...small tapeworm, big problem
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents