There were some “firsts” on the zoonotic disease front this week, with the first case of plague in the U.S. this year being reported in a man in New Mexico. Meanwhile, West Nile virus made its first appearance in Indiana mosquitoes this year—much earlier than its typical “debut” in mid-July.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Pet treats...what to look out for
- Rat bite fever death
- Antibiotics in animals: ACVIM consensus statement
- Cats and peritoneal dialysis
- Lungworms in Ontario dog
- New pet therapy guidance
- Out of bounds, out of luck
- Communication done right: EVH-1 in Minnesota
- Mad Cow in Alberta
- Equine outbreaks...EHV-1, glanders