There were some “firsts” on the zoonotic disease front this week, with the first case of plague in the U.S. this year being reported in a man in New Mexico. Meanwhile, West Nile virus made its first appearance in Indiana mosquitoes this year—much earlier than its typical “debut” in mid-July.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Echinococcus multilocularis....small tapeworm, big problem
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents
- Deworming wild and feral animals
- Human rabies incubation record
- PetSmart employee worried about rabies after rat bite
- Imported and local Leishmania, Finland
- Hazardous guinea pigs?
- Are we too clean?