There were some “firsts” on the zoonotic disease front this week, with the first case of plague in the U.S. this year being reported in a man in New Mexico. Meanwhile, West Nile virus made its first appearance in Indiana mosquitoes this year—much earlier than its typical “debut” in mid-July.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- More on Ebola
- Ebola kills dog...indirectly
- Ebola: precautions and paranoia
- More hatching chick associated salmonellosis
- Parvo poop and the outdoor environment
- More bad news on the MRSP front
- Never a simple story: West Nile in California
- Cry me a river...crackdown on Angels' Eyes
- How to fix an iPad
- Casual cat causality