According to research, zoonotic pathogens have caused the majority of emerging infectious diseases in the past 60 years. Today experts are saying more surveillance is needed to track these diseases, and that scientists aren’t doing a good enough job at monitoring animal diseases that could make the jump to humans. However, efforts are underway to increase monitoring of zoonotic diseases, most notably at Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Read more »
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Strangles in the news
- Raccoons in the bed
- Things not to do with reptiles
- Animal Health Laboratory Zoonotic Diseases Report
- Rat bite fever...who's to blame?
- Rabies in dog(s?) in Texas
- Sochi puppy adoptions
- Cat bite infections (and dumb headlines)
- "Angels' eyes"...and this is a good idea because...?
- More on classroom reptiles