Here at the AVMA, many stories pop up in our Google alerts every day about zoonotic diseases like rabies. Often, these diseases are completely preventable, whether it’s through vaccinations or common-sense, every day measures like hand-washing and proper hygiene. This article from the Durango Herald provides a good, quick overview of steps you can take to keep both you and your pets safe from rabies.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents
- Deworming wild and feral animals
- Human rabies incubation record
- PetSmart employee worried about rabies after rat bite
- Imported and local Leishmania, Finland
- Hazardous guinea pigs?
- Are we too clean?
- EEE in Ontario 2014