Here at the AVMA, many stories pop up in our Google alerts every day about zoonotic diseases like rabies. Often, these diseases are completely preventable, whether it’s through vaccinations or common-sense, every day measures like hand-washing and proper hygiene. This article from the Durango Herald provides a good, quick overview of steps you can take to keep both you and your pets safe from rabies.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Hazardous guinea pigs?
- Are we too clean?
- EEE in Ontario 2014
- Rabies exposure in a shelter, again
- Rabid dog fostered from a shelter
- OAHN Podcast on Rabies for Ontario Veterinarians
- Reptile-associated salmonellosis in Minnesota
- US dog importation and rabies vaccination
- Merlin had "Ebola" today
- Canadian human antimicrobial use report, 2012/2013