Here at the AVMA, many stories pop up in our Google alerts every day about zoonotic diseases like rabies. Often, these diseases are completely preventable, whether it’s through vaccinations or common-sense, every day measures like hand-washing and proper hygiene. This article from the Durango Herald provides a good, quick overview of steps you can take to keep both you and your pets safe from rabies.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Cry me a river....crackdown on Angel's Eyes
- How to fix an iPad
- Casual cat causality
- Vet clinic infections...who should pay?
- EEE alert, Ontario
- FDA releases 2011 antimicrobial resistance data
- Exotic animals in hospitals
- Monkey bites and rabies quarantine
- St. Louis encephalitis in a horse
- Rare infection, not-so-rare bug