Here at the AVMA, many stories pop up in our Google alerts every day about zoonotic diseases like rabies. Often, these diseases are completely preventable, whether it’s through vaccinations or common-sense, every day measures like hand-washing and proper hygiene. This article from the Durango Herald provides a good, quick overview of steps you can take to keep both you and your pets safe from rabies.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Protocols for contagious diseases at horse shows
- Another Australian bat virus in horses
- Beware the mongoose
- Cat scratch disease info sheet
- Don't always blame the dog
- Chicken diapers...even I couldn't make this one up
- Methicillin-resistant staph in animals meeting
- Equine herpesvirus in Ontario
- Cover story in Bovine Veterinarian explains role of AgConnect technology in syndromic surveillance program
- H3N2 dog flu, and cats and ferrets