Here at the AVMA, many stories pop up in our Google alerts every day about zoonotic diseases like rabies. Often, these diseases are completely preventable, whether it’s through vaccinations or common-sense, every day measures like hand-washing and proper hygiene. This article from the Durango Herald provides a good, quick overview of steps you can take to keep both you and your pets safe from rabies.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Skunk + late vaccine + inflexibility = dead dog
- Another Capnocytophaga infection in a healthy person
- More on Ebola
- Ebola kills dog...indirectly
- Ebola: precautions and paranoia
- More hatching chick associated salmonellosis
- Parvo poop and the outdoor environment
- More bad news on the MRSP front
- Never a simple story: West Nile in California
- Cry me a river...crackdown on Angels' Eyes