The big One Health news this week centered around a report released by the International Livestock Research Institute showing the enormous toll zoonotic diseases take on humans and animals around the world, particularly in developing nations. According to an article in Nature, “The report identifies 13 such zoonotic diseases, including tuberculosis, anthrax and hepatitis E, which together cause 2.4 billion cases of human illness and 2.2 million deaths each year, mostly in low- and middle-income nations.”
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Never a simple story: West Nile in California
- Cry me a river...crackdown on Angels' Eyes
- How to fix an iPad
- Casual cat causality
- Vet clinic infections...who should pay?
- EEE alert, Ontario
- FDA releases 2011 antimicrobial resistance data
- Exotic animals in hospitals
- Monkey bites and rabies quarantine
- St. Louis encephalitis in a horse