In Colorado, an indoor/outdoor domestic cat tested positive for rabies after it bit and scratched its owner, who is receiving post-exposure treatment. Two dogs in the household are under a 45-day home observation, and thankfully both are up-to-date on their vaccines. This is an important reminder to have your pets vaccinated for rabies, and to make sure those vaccines stay current.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Cat hoarding and rabies
- 2013 US rabies recap
- Animal Ebola guidance documents, hot off the press
- Lyme disease & ticks: New infosheet
- IMED Conference Report – October 31st-November 3rd, 2014, Vienna, Austria
- Another dog importation mess
- Leptospirosis in dogs...risks and costs
- Spanish statement about euthanized Ebola virus-exposed dog
- Dog imports into the United States
- Fake service animals in action