By using canine parainfluenza, researchers at the University of Georgia were able to create a new rabies vaccine. Professor Biao He used genetic engineering to place a non-viral piece of the rabies virus into parainfluenza virus 5, or PIV5. Using this technique, He and his team created a vaccine that will allow humans and animals to build up antibodies to protect them from future infections.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Another preventable rabies death
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pyoderma in dogs
- Dumb internet advice
- Brucella canis in Calgary dogs....more evidence of hazards of dog importation
- Animal shelter rabies questions
- Rabies exposure leads to mass euthanasia at Texas animal shelter
- EHV-1 in the news
- H5N8 bird flu in a dog
- Cat attack pins family in bedroom
- Strangles and liability