By using canine parainfluenza, researchers at the University of Georgia were able to create a new rabies vaccine. Professor Biao He used genetic engineering to place a non-viral piece of the rabies virus into parainfluenza virus 5, or PIV5. Using this technique, He and his team created a vaccine that will allow humans and animals to build up antibodies to protect them from future infections.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Human health risks from canine flu?
- Rabies exposure...the good and bad
- Maybe I should buy a hat
- The "criticall important antibiotic" debate
- Turtles and Salmonella...no surprise there
- HIV and pets
- The big gun antibiotic controversy
- The Trouble With Gloves
- Projectile penguin poop
- Rub-a-dub-dub...dog and toddler in a tub??