Back in August, we posted about how to prevent a hantavirus infection. Now, in an update on the outbreak at Yosemite National Park, representatives from the California Department of Public Health say workers there will be studied as public health officials look for answers about the outbreak. Three park visitors died and nine became sick in an outbreak this past summer. The study will try to figure out why park visitors became sick but workers were unaffected.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Another Australian bat virus in horses
- Beware the mongoose
- Cat scratch disease info sheet
- Don't always blame the dog
- Chicken diapers...even I couldn't make this one up
- Methicillin-resistant staph in animals meeting
- Equine herpesvirus in Ontario
- H3N2 dog flu, and cats and ferrets
- Hot spot...again
- Working in Nicaragua – Ehrlichia in a canine patient