The arrival of spring means that baby poultry start showing up in feed and pet stores around the country. The chicks may be cute — and children especially seem to love them — but they can also carry salmonella, even if they appear healthy. It’s especially important that children are supervised around chicks, and that everyone, regardless of age, follows basic protocols for good hygiene after touching or simply being around chicks or touching anything in the area where they live.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Never a simple story: West Nile in California
- Cry me a river...crackdown on Angels' Eyes
- How to fix an iPad
- Casual cat causality
- Vet clinic infections...who should pay?
- EEE alert, Ontario
- FDA releases 2011 antimicrobial resistance data
- Exotic animals in hospitals
- Monkey bites and rabies quarantine
- St. Louis encephalitis in a horse