The arrival of spring means that baby poultry start showing up in feed and pet stores around the country. The chicks may be cute — and children especially seem to love them — but they can also carry salmonella, even if they appear healthy. It’s especially important that children are supervised around chicks, and that everyone, regardless of age, follows basic protocols for good hygiene after touching or simply being around chicks or touching anything in the area where they live.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- EEE in Florida horse
- Equine herpesvirus 1 at Aqueduct
- The other Dirofilaria
- Another preventable rabies death
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pyoderma in dogs
- Dumb internet advice
- Brucella canis in Calgary dogs....more evidence of hazards of dog importation
- Animal shelter rabies questions
- Rabies exposure leads to mass euthanasia at Texas animal shelter
- EHV-1 in the news