Today is World Rabies Day, so we begin our One Health roundup with a series of articles on global rabies eradication efforts, as well domestic cases identified here in the United States. Other headlines include the latest news in the hantavirus investigation at Yosemite National Park, the importance of parasite control to protect not only your pets but the people in your household as well, a look at how research into pain treatment for dogs may also benefit humans, and much more.
Download Our Poster
Featured Teacher ResourcesKnow Any Aspiring Vets? Our Vet School Admission 101 provides advice for junior high through pre-vet students.
- Out of bounds, out of luck
- Communication done right: EVH-1 in Minnesota
- Mad Cow in Alberta
- Equine outbreaks...EHV-1, glanders
- Avian flu in a dog: Korea
- Groundhog zoonoses?
- Echinococcus multilocularis...small tapeworm, big problem
- Canadian companion animal Ebola guidance
- Turtles and botulism
- Rabies warning for Kugluktuk residents